Mix of old and new Fraggle Stick Car: It's red, it's shiny... it's my new vest!
My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm an English expat constantly struggling to be understood in a different country. I work in the cut throat world trying to bring "YARRR" and "Ne'er-Do-Well" into regular conversation My swear word of choice is Stink Nugget. I'm a yarn snob.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

It's red, it's shiny... it's my new vest!

Finished (minus weaving in ends) - the nth attempt at the loop-d-loop vest in Kyoto yarn from Art Fibers


Kyoto yarn is amazing - silk roving and very soft mohair. The yarn was lighter than required for the pattern (as my previous botch attempt with lying swatch told me), so the effect is a lot lighter than the original - definitely requires a modesty garment of some sort underneath unless I'm feeling very daring.

Woo - so glad to have stopped my knitting rut



Skills learnt
  • mirrored increases and decreases
  • pattern modification due to yarn weight and not wanting to use bigger needles. Many more rows and stitches required. I nearly broke my brain when I got to the yoke decreases ;)
Yeah, I still need to weave in ends, but that's a buzz kill... time for that later

Comments on "It's red, it's shiny... it's my new vest!"

 

Blogger Gail said ... (11:34 PM) : 

Wow, that colour is gorgeous. It fits you beautifully - nice job!

 

Blogger FranklinMinty said ... (12:37 AM) : 

Thank you :)

 

Blogger smallerdemon said ... (1:26 PM) : 

That's beautiful, T! Wow.

 

post a comment