Mix of old and new Fraggle Stick Car: For pending european vacationers
My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm an English expat constantly struggling to be understood in a different country. I work in the cut throat world trying to bring "YARRR" and "Ne'er-Do-Well" into regular conversation My swear word of choice is Stink Nugget. I'm a yarn snob.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

For pending european vacationers

*cough* J n J *cough*

You should check out google earth

Has some neat views of Paris and London (didn't check on Vienna)

Comments on "For pending european vacationers"

 

Blogger smallerdemon said ... (7:30 AM) : 

I so totally had that on day one. ;)

Problem at home is how is sucks on a PIII. At work is a different story.

And to prove my trendsetting ways, check out this June 29 post from the BNATTERS LiveJournal group:
http://www.livejournal.com/community/bnatters/7304.html

 

Blogger smallerdemon said ... (7:34 AM) : 

But thankee. :) I will have to start digging around there more.

We still don't have London or Vienna hotels, but I think that should change this weekend.

We picked up some really neat little books called the Knopf Map Guides that are small books with neat fold out maps of city section with greatly detailed maps.

You can see them over here at Random House. (Warning - slowwwwwwww link.)

 

Blogger FranklinMinty said ... (9:27 AM) : 

Ahhh - i figured you'd jump all over it, but I was finally able to download and get it to work yesterday... I drove down route 1 to San Luis Obispo :)

 

Blogger smallerdemon said ... (10:56 AM) : 

Vienna views were, eh. Too blurry to be much good. But London and Paris, sweet. I recently found a Google Earth mapping of the Paris metro overlayed on the Google Earth snapshot of the city.

*sigh* Now if only Google Maps would start working on those cities before we left. :)

 

post a comment