Mix of old and new Fraggle Stick Car: Dreaming of a holiday...
My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm an English expat constantly struggling to be understood in a different country. I work in the cut throat world trying to bring "YARRR" and "Ne'er-Do-Well" into regular conversation My swear word of choice is Stink Nugget. I'm a yarn snob.

Friday, August 19, 2005

Dreaming of a holiday...

I'm sat here at work, dreaming of a holiday. I've been NEEDING to go back to England for nearly a year now, to get the old work visa renewed in my passport so I can come and go as I please... and now the time (hopefully) approaches.

The good news is, I got 2 weeks comp time at the end of the THUG 2 Remix project, that I have yet to take. The even better news, is that I've heard a rumor that I'll get 2 weeks comp time at the end of the GUN project that I'm working on right now as well. (Rumors from the boss, no less... and I have witnesses!). Giving me a month of time off for free!

It's the Aged Grandparents 50th wedding anniversary soon, plus Sim's birthday and the annual Mitchell Ladies holiday to as yet unknown location (I'm pushing for Santorini!) - which makes it a good time to pop back, celebrate and get the visa done, all hoping to get back in time for Halloween in the Castro and such.

It's getting rather exciting... and I nearly peed myself when I saw this. HELL YES! KNITTING SHOW AT ALY PALLY!

This really does mean I HAVE to get knitting to reduce the stash, since I can't buy any more until I knock out a few more sweaters. However, isn't that what 11 hour flights are for?!

Which brings me to... I'm really feeling like I NEED an ipod. Not want - NEED! Think of that 11 hour flight, dammit! So - when do you think Apple are going to release the new model?!

Comments on "Dreaming of a holiday..."

 

Blogger smallerdemon said ... (4:03 PM) : 

Now see, if you end up there when we are there, that's gonna be mostly just drinking and yarn shopping the whole two days we are there.

 

Blogger smallerdemon said ... (4:05 PM) : 

New model: I gotta tell ya, it's either end of August or close to November, simply for the back-to-school or the holiday factors.

The color one our now is pretty spiffy, and you could get Jenn to buy it and save you $30. :)

 

Blogger FranklinMinty said ... (4:16 PM) : 

Yeah, I was thinking about the new color one and the Jenn discount - but man... I'd be pissed if I bought one right now, and in a month they come out with the new model with spiffy new things like, say, gapless playback ;)

New roomie was saying he had a apple client the other day that hinted to wait "about a month" to get an ipod. that could be total BS of course.

 

Blogger smallerdemon said ... (7:05 PM) : 

Honesty, gapless playback is going to be a firmware update. It just doesn't seem like a hardware problem.

 

Blogger FranklinMinty said ... (5:29 PM) : 

In that case, they have absolutely no excuse...

 

Blogger fizzing hari said ... (10:01 AM) : 

dammit, just after i get the L-a-saurus one! new model, my ass!

 

Blogger FranklinMinty said ... (7:37 PM) : 

oh hey - i'm not saying there IS a new model, I'm mainly just procrastinating which fills in time till I get some $$$

 

post a comment