Mix of old and new Fraggle Stick Car: LOL @ moveee
My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm an English expat constantly struggling to be understood in a different country. I work in the cut throat world trying to bring "YARRR" and "Ne'er-Do-Well" into regular conversation My swear word of choice is Stink Nugget. I'm a yarn snob.

Saturday, August 20, 2005

LOL @ moveee

Went to see 40 Year Old Virgin last night, since S man and I have had little "quality time" what with work blast (otherwise known as the dreaded video game industry crunch time - but Work Blast sounds more fun so I renamed it).

I must admit I haven't laughed outwardly at a movie for a really long time. Which made me ponder... I really wanted to sit there saying LOL (rhymes with moll) or LMAO instead (rhymes with... ummm... Mayo?). It really was pretty funny - way better than Steve Carrel's yankified The Office.

Anyway, I nearly choked on my smuggled in Odwalla (damn you Metreon drink facists, I swear I hate that place and despise it for being so close to work) when I saw a (typically obtuse) trailer for that GUN game I'm working on.

and so the marketing machine starts...


p.s. I must stop with this ellipsis obsession, its driving me crazy. My grammar never used to be quite this uninspiring.


p.p.s - I'm removing the loop-d-loop yoke and modeknits corset from the WIP list. I've frogged them both so many times I'm taking a break

Comments on "LOL @ moveee"

 

Blogger smallerdemon said ... (1:00 PM) : 

Very cool. We ended up going over to the 9:45 showing of The Aristocrats at The Bridge. A damn hilarious and also very fascinating movie.

Glad to hear 40 Year Old Virgin was also laughworthy.

 

Blogger FranklinMinty said ... (2:00 PM) : 

Oh very cool, we've been mulling that over for a while... Also on the list is Murderball at some point, and 2046

 

Blogger smallerdemon said ... (7:13 PM) : 

Oh! Yeah, Murderball is on my list as well. I've heard of 2046, but I don't know much about it.

 

Blogger FranklinMinty said ... (7:57 PM) : 

2046 is the "coming of age" film for Ziyi Zhang - she plays a prostitute in it. Funnily enough she also played a ho in House of Flying Daggers, In Memoirs of a Geisha coming up and might as well have in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. Lovely to see how well she is coming of age.

 

post a comment