Mix of old and new Fraggle Stick Car: Yeah, that was fun
My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm an English expat constantly struggling to be understood in a different country. I work in the cut throat world trying to bring "YARRR" and "Ne'er-Do-Well" into regular conversation My swear word of choice is Stink Nugget. I'm a yarn snob.

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Yeah, that was fun

I've just spent 30 mins typing out this post to have firefox crash on me.

I was getting pretty depressed by my lack of knitty progress, but I think on reflection it was more to me being way to optimistic with the ol % complete amounts on my WIP bars.

Anyway, I'm on the homeward straight with the Starburst Tank, I just have to stitch on the armbands, which are drying after a "you bastards are dying my hands black, better wash you" incident. I give this a day or 2 (especially if I have to weave in ends) and she'll be done.

Ta-Da!


Work on Arabella has stopped - bored of the pattern and slow progress on thin yarn on size 4 needles. A break is needed for this sucker.


I've re cast on for the loop-d-loop yoke vest thingie. Technique # 1 will be used (single strand - more loosely knit) with the addition of some stitches and many rows to ensure full belly coverage this time. I like this project, since it is pretty quick to knit up. This is now my official Muni commute project.

My holiday project list is growing nicely. So far, I have:-
Fern from Rowan 35 in purply Kid Classic
Ash from Rowan 35 in an acid green / lime color Crystal Palace Kid Merino
Mode Knits corset in purple GGH Safari and Rowan Lurex Shimmer
Plus... I could add those Suss Designs patterns and yarns I have too.
This is all from stash yarns too... Unfortunately, I'm not going on vacation for a couple of years though.

And here is your random SF photo for the day

Comments on "Yeah, that was fun"

 

post a comment