Mix of old and new Fraggle Stick Car: Hell LA
My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm an English expat constantly struggling to be understood in a different country. I work in the cut throat world trying to bring "YARRR" and "Ne'er-Do-Well" into regular conversation My swear word of choice is Stink Nugget. I'm a yarn snob.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Hell LA

So, I'm sat in a hotel in LA as I type, doing the work related cheerleading at Siggraph.

It's all pretty boring, although I was invited to an EA LA recruiting party tonight at their campus on a methane belching site, so I might go along to that for shits n giggles.

To pass the time, and since I haven't had a knitting related update in some time, I have bought 4... FOUR projects with me. 2 of which are super secret suprises - all will become aparent in a few weeks on these. I also bought the pride tank with me - this git is taking for ever, but its brainless work and I'm getting closer by the day. The last is madness... the Arabella tank from a Rowan magazine. Its "such fun" to knit a tank top on size 2 needles. I must have been smoking something I shouldn't when I decided to knit that.

Anyway, not much else has happened really. I'm staying in 1 of my favorite places in LA, just across from a "swanky, but actually very tacky" mall, and a Farmer's Market.

The Farmer's Market rocks! I went there my 1st night to eat dinner, and stopped at my favorite French place there. The snooty barstards tried to make me feel bad for eating on my own - wtf is up with that?! "Where would you feel most comfortable sitting Miss?"...

Oh well - only 2 days left here, I'm hoping to hunt down some LYSs before I leave - rumor has it that there are 3 within 1 mile so we'll see how that goes!

Comments on "Hell LA"

 

Blogger fizzing hari said ... (11:23 AM) : 

lys's?
can't trust the french, any farther than you can throw them, and with your bad back...(sorry)

 

post a comment