Mix of old and new Fraggle Stick Car: On the subject of bad films...
My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm an English expat constantly struggling to be understood in a different country. I work in the cut throat world trying to bring "YARRR" and "Ne'er-Do-Well" into regular conversation My swear word of choice is Stink Nugget. I'm a yarn snob.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

On the subject of bad films...

So... I'm in the midst of a heated discussion about the craptastic Uwe Boll.

If you want to read it... click below



For those of your who have remained oblivious to his legacy... He's mainly responsible for turning video game franchises into movies (Alone in the Dark, House of the Dead, Bloodrayne, Dungeon Siege , Far Cry etc etc)

On one hand... I have a gang of nerdy gamer friends saying he is spectacularly shit (with sample quotes below):-
“I’m pretty sure I could get a camera and a bunch of guys and make a better movie than that.”
“The movie is so bad, it actually lowers the overall curve, so all other movies look better.”
“Why does the movie randomly cut to the arcade game?”
“The action scenes definitely capture the feeling of playing House of the Dead; standing still and shooting.”

On the other hand, I have a good friend telling me its pretty good.

The gamer geeks have actually dared me to see House of the Dead its so bad...
  • and this is coming from people who look forward to spending $10 to go see Collateral or War of the Worlds and then wonder why it was so bad, then to complain that "there are no good movies to watch" - the words "independant film" might as well be spoken in Serbo Croat

Surely it must be bad if people are driven to this:- http://www.uweboll.com

But how does he manage to do this?



What is a girl to do?

I guess I'll watch it (I can always knit through it!)

Where did I start?

Comments on "On the subject of bad films..."

 

Blogger smallerdemon said ... (1:13 PM) : 

You're a braver soul than I. I have a big list of better movies than anything by Huey B.

 

Blogger fizzing hari said ... (5:12 PM) : 

i guess i have to say, in reference to the movie...
it's terrifically camp.

and it shouold be shown big, so maybe on your wall!
and the sound has to be turned way the F up.
and then, if you hate it, you can talk bad about me.
it's coming in netflix.
i'll bring it over!

 

Blogger FranklinMinty said ... (5:14 PM) : 

Awesome!

MOVIE NIGHT TIME!

yeah baby:)

 

post a comment