Mix of old and new Fraggle Stick Car: London calling
My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm an English expat constantly struggling to be understood in a different country. I work in the cut throat world trying to bring "YARRR" and "Ne'er-Do-Well" into regular conversation My swear word of choice is Stink Nugget. I'm a yarn snob.

Friday, July 08, 2005

London calling

So, it turns out that the uncle and aunt aren't in London right now, but at their holiday home on the Isle of Wight (where I grew up, for those you don't know).

That explains why I couldn't get through on the ol' phone lines after I got a connection . That's a big "phew".

I'm still waiting to hear from some old Uni friends, but I'm of pragmatic mind - statistically speaking I'm sure they are fine.

I'd like to thank all friends and strangers who expressed their concern. My thoughts now go out to those have been drawn into this more than I have.

I think the last 24 hours or so have taken their toll on me since I'm now feeling dreadful, so I'm taking some time to collect myself.

Comments on "London calling"

 

post a comment