Mix of old and new Fraggle Stick Car: Are you feeling Prideful?
My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm an English expat constantly struggling to be understood in a different country. I work in the cut throat world trying to bring "YARRR" and "Ne'er-Do-Well" into regular conversation My swear word of choice is Stink Nugget. I'm a yarn snob.

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Are you feeling Prideful?

So, there are a few times a year I just have to get out of Dodge, and Pink Saturday is one of them. It's not that I don't feel any Pride for those who require it, its because my block is turned into a huge party until 2am by the delightful and donation worthy Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence as part of San Francisco's legendary Pride celebrations.



Let me reiterate... right outside my window, until 2am... I hear high BPM stuff until way later than I need to hear it. However tempting it may be to watch the nearly naked, gym spending bods gyrate until the earlier hours, but there is nothing more likely to spoil my morning cappuccino than someone else's hangover.

The triangle went up (as seen from my back deck)...
and then the true invasion began at about 7pm on Saturday night.





So, I grabbed Clapotis, and headed to S's place.

Good progress was made, although I now have "knitters finger". To break the monotony of counting for drop stitches, I picked up a couple of advil, the Sim Hair Yarn, and started to knit the Paintbox clutch. And... Um.... I'm nearly done with it.

I also finally finished sewing in the ends of Angelina and the Phildar wonky v neck. I'll post pictures when I'm not too embarrassed to ask someone else to take photos of me.


Lastly this is for J (m) of J and J fame. Its an unofficial bonus photo for your birthday photo scavenger hunt :)

Minty out

Comments on "Are you feeling Prideful?"

 

Blogger smallerdemon said ... (7:25 AM) : 

Hooray on the wonky v-neck completion!

I hear ya. I pretty much avoid downtown on Sunday of pride parade, unless I'm going to the parade, which usually I'm not (remember, Jenn + crowdes = craziness).

The unofficial bonus entry... ROCKS!

It'll go up today. :)

 

Blogger FranklinMinty said ... (10:52 AM) : 

Oh I hear you Tamsen + crowds = bad news too.

I tend to freak out on Muni if it gets too packed... which is why I have no shame on taking my knitting with me to avoid noticing it.

I do have a theory that people in a crowd leads to an IQ drop of roughly 10 points per person - why is it that as soon as you are around other people you suddenly turn dumb?

 

post a comment