Mix of old and new Fraggle Stick Car: Progress and Tsuki
My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm an English expat constantly struggling to be understood in a different country. I work in the cut throat world trying to bring "YARRR" and "Ne'er-Do-Well" into regular conversation My swear word of choice is Stink Nugget. I'm a yarn snob.

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Progress and Tsuki

So, for the benefit of those on the knitty board looking for my new found Kid Silk Haze sub, Tsuki from Artfibers, here is a photo of it





And then... just a quick update on the clapotis - just started the decrease rows.


Comments on "Progress and Tsuki"

 

Blogger soapy said ... (11:06 AM) : 

what a great subsitution!!! And your clapotis is coming along beautifully..what type of yarn are you using?

 

Blogger FranklinMinty said ... (11:33 AM) : 

I actually TOTALLY splurged and am using the Lornas Lace Lion and Lamb as suggested for the Clapotis in Black Purl that I found "cheap" at http://knit2purl2.com/. What can I say... I had a raise at work and felt like treating myself :)

As for the substitution, I think it will work beautifully - it has 10% more silk (and 10% less mohair) so is slightly shinier, slightly less fuzzy... but I think this will make it's way into Marianne from the latest Rowan mag.

 

Blogger Deb said ... (11:49 AM) : 

Awesome colorway!! One of the best I've seen. I'm glad you posted on the Clap thread or I would never have seen your blog and that would have been my loss.

 

Blogger FranklinMinty said ... (12:00 PM) : 

Thanks Deb - I'm not terribly good at self promotion, I think I packed my own trumpet away a long time ago!

 

post a comment