Mix of old and new Fraggle Stick Car: Lovely start to the holidays!
My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm an English expat constantly struggling to be understood in a different country. I work in the cut throat world trying to bring "YARRR" and "Ne'er-Do-Well" into regular conversation My swear word of choice is Stink Nugget. I'm a yarn snob.

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Lovely start to the holidays!

What a lovely start to the holiday weekend! Its so nice out, so I'm heading out on the town soon to pick up some fabric and parade around!



So, I have a few new goodies to work on, and I have to just saw how much I ADORE Knit Pixie. I picked up some yarn to make the boobholder and orangina (from the fabulous glampyre) as well as a cute pattern for this neckwarmer thing - and they added some free yarn that they thought might be more appropriate than the ones I ordered! You ladies ROCK! Thank you :)

I broke my yarn diet, and had to take a trip back to Artfibers to pick up some more of the Tsuki to make Marianne, but I also picked up some fabbo Kyoto.

Click the button for more details and photorific fun...



In addition, I got an organizer from Knit Couture, this will hopefully aid me to become a total anally organized freak...

It has these really cool pocket things to keep yarn labels, swatches, photos, notes whatever all in 1 place and hopefully not on my bedroom floor.



Also from Glampyre - I have a stash busting One Skein Wonder pattern


...and a mesh deep v neck tank to use up the last of my R2 paper tape left over from my wonky V.



Here's ArtFibers beautiful red Kyoto to make... something that takes about 550yds (it is 69% silk, 25% super kid mohair and 6% extra fine wool - about 3.5 gauge on sixe 10.5 US - any suggestions?)



On the right, is the extra Tsuki for Marianne, and on the left is the 1st set of joy from Knit Pixie for the Elizabeth neck warmer thing. I bought the SWTC Optimum DK 100% wool and the Habu Kusu 60% mohair, 40% silk blend. The lovely ladies at Knit Pixie thought the Karabella lace mohair went better, so they added that in for free!


Lastly we have (also from Knit Pixie) some Karabella Vintage Cotton and Zodiac. One of them is for that boobholder, the other for something else that I've totally forgotten... I can't remember which was for which...



I guess it'll come to me soon enough.

In the meantime... Happy 4th and all that, I'm off to buy some sexy silk for some camisoles :)

Where did I start?

Comments on "Lovely start to the holidays!"

 

post a comment