Mix of old and new Fraggle Stick Car: I've got the Clap
My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm an English expat constantly struggling to be understood in a different country. I work in the cut throat world trying to bring "YARRR" and "Ne'er-Do-Well" into regular conversation My swear word of choice is Stink Nugget. I'm a yarn snob.

Sunday, July 03, 2005

I've got the Clap

So I finished the Clapotis, including blocking. I'll post pics soon, but all I can say is MAN, I WISH I HADN'T BLOCKED IT!

It took out all the cool "ruffling" look.

I'm a bit pissed now. Hopefully it will come back, but I'm not holding my breath

*UPDATE* - so here's the finished result...




Any suggestions for unblocking?!

Comments on "I've got the Clap"

 

Blogger Deb said ... (8:28 AM) : 

That's a gorgeous clap!

 

Blogger FranklinMinty said ... (10:33 AM) : 

Many thanks Deb!

I'm just hoping that with time the "curl" in the thing will come back... It's as flat as a pancake right now...

 

Blogger Soulknitting said ... (3:50 PM) : 

I would lightly spray it with water and put it in the dryer on AIR for a 30 minute fluff. Don't know if it would work or not. It sure is a beautiful colorway. Mine is solid cranberry kinda.

And help, how do you DO expandable indiviual posts? I tried to understand Bloggers instructions, but gave up. I give it a go about every four months. The instuctions suck. Glad they're not knitting instuctions.

Let me know if the spray/fluff on AIR AIR AIR thing works.

 

Blogger FranklinMinty said ... (3:34 PM) : 

Thanks for the Clap tip - I'll try it out sometime soon :)

As for the expandable posts, I'm pretty sure I found a post on knitty forums somewhere - but the link for directions is here:-

http://nofancyname.blogspot.com/2005/02/making-expandable-blog-posts-in.html

Its pretty involved though - I created a test blog to mess around with it.

 

post a comment