Mix of old and new Fraggle Stick Car: Where I'm from...
My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm an English expat constantly struggling to be understood in a different country. I work in the cut throat world trying to bring "YARRR" and "Ne'er-Do-Well" into regular conversation My swear word of choice is Stink Nugget. I'm a yarn snob.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Where I'm from...

You really do learn something every day.

I stumbled across this link about the history of the Isle of Wight today.

Comments on "Where I'm from..."

 

Blogger saurav said ... (5:07 PM) : 

nice post....

 

Blogger Sarah said ... (2:16 PM) : 

That ship...

I just read about that!

My hubby is a maritime archaeologist, so that's right up his alley.

I like the corsety thing...any ideas on how well it will fit?

-Sarah

 

Blogger Sarah said ... (2:17 PM) : 

And, I forgot in the above post, How cool you're from the Isle of Wight! We lived in Southampton for a year (2003)...I like the Isle...

 

Blogger FranklinMinty said ... (4:32 PM) : 

The ship is very cool, it reminds me of when they raised tha Mary Rose off the coast of the Isle of Wight in the mid 80's. She was Henry 8th's flag ship back in the early 1500's http://www.maryrose.org/

The corset thing has been frogged. It is REALLY snug fitting with negative ease, so I've started it again in some more substantial yarn that will be less revealing :)

Being from the Isle of Wight has its pluses and minuses. Its wonderful to visit, but deathly boring growing up there (but I imagine a lot of people say this about where they grew up!) Oh, I know Southampton well... its one of the escape points from the island!

 

post a comment