Mix of old and new Fraggle Stick Car: This is for J (m) of J n J fame
My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm an English expat constantly struggling to be understood in a different country. I work in the cut throat world trying to bring "YARRR" and "Ne'er-Do-Well" into regular conversation My swear word of choice is Stink Nugget. I'm a yarn snob.

Sunday, September 04, 2005

This is for J (m) of J n J fame


I found an awesome coffee place in Hayes Valley... In fact, S found it :)

Comments on "This is for J (m) of J n J fame"

 

Blogger smallerdemon said ... (9:10 AM) : 

That is a great photo. I love how the colors of the drink mix with the colors of the table.

Were you aware that there's a whole little subset of barista art and people makking all sorts of things from cappacinos and cafe lattes.

In fact, there is a shot of that on their main page looks like.

I dunno 'bout them there hours, though. I will only ever make it on the weekends. :)

 

Blogger FranklinMinty said ... (10:39 AM) : 

I didn't know that there was an artistic movement per say, but it makes sense.

I only ever get there on weekends too - luckily S lives a few blocks away from it. It is right next to Dark Garden, the custom corset maker.

 

Blogger smallerdemon said ... (7:12 PM) : 

Indeed, as soon as we got down there today I was telling Jenn "I'm pretty sure this is where Dark Garden is." and yep.

So, it seems like one of the woodworkers just decided he was throwing open one of the garage doors and opeing a coffee store. And wow, the smell of freshly ground amazing small batch roasted coffee mixed with the smell of wood being sawed was... amazing.

 

post a comment