Mix of old and new Fraggle Stick Car: What to do...
My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm an English expat constantly struggling to be understood in a different country. I work in the cut throat world trying to bring "YARRR" and "Ne'er-Do-Well" into regular conversation My swear word of choice is Stink Nugget. I'm a yarn snob.

Monday, September 12, 2005

What to do...

So, in my continued knitting frenzy, I've got nearly 50% the way through the Modeknits corset thingie, using GGH Safari in a pretty dark red color. Despite being a very similar weight and gauge to the yarn specified, the texture is very different.

I knew and anticipated this to some extent, but now I'm having some second thoughts.

So... here is what it should look like:-





And this is current progress (click photo for higher resolution)



It is obviously much loser knit, and I have scraped the mini cable in the front as it was looking pretty assy... but I'm on the fence about this.

To frog, or not to frog - that is the question.

Oh, and btw... I have officially 1 week left at work before my month of vacation :) My plan is to finish all those projects you see in the right hand column that are "nearly done" before I go.

Comments on "What to do..."

 

Blogger smallerdemon said ... (10:40 AM) : 

Gah, you people and your one month vacations. At least I'll get to see you in person and scowl at you and refuse to buy you a beer for having a month of vacation. ;)

OTOH, it's well deserved from what stories I have heard.

 

post a comment