Mix of old and new Fraggle Stick Car: Updates from Middle Earth
My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm an English expat constantly struggling to be understood in a different country. I work in the cut throat world trying to bring "YARRR" and "Ne'er-Do-Well" into regular conversation My swear word of choice is Stink Nugget. I'm a yarn snob.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Updates from Middle Earth



Not very Middle Earthy, really - but here is an update on my adventures so far.

^^^ This up there is the cherry blossom lamp that my Sis got for my Christmas / Birthday present. I'll have to do some rewiring for USeyness, but it is sweet!

Click for more vacation and knitty photos and escapades

So this is the whole reason for my voyage. Note the line... I waited in it for a very long time...








Yummy pastries at the Mayfair coffee shop around the corner. Although we noticed that they are kept out day after day since defects didn't change. Lovely



Birthplace of Dickens, Portsmouth. Also where the car ferry goes from to get to the Isle of Wight.

These are not the car ferries.






Knitting it old school in Liberty - one of the coolest department stores in London














Rowan love at John Lewis - kind of like the Macy's of England















Choice pickings from John Lewis - some Louisa Harding Kimono Angora and matching ribbon tape.














Made from the Rowan chunky print yarn I picked up at Liberty, half the batwing (back) sweater from the current Rowan magazine



Other vacation progress? I've officially finished over half of the Fern sweater. The right sleeve and front remain to be done.







Since I have recieved my passport avec new visa in record time (it actually arrived back from London before I did...); mother, sis and I are planning our trip for the remained of my time on the east side.

Current favorite is Iceland for a week. Although I'll need to finish the 2 sweaters before hand since it is COLD there ;)


Where did I start?

Comments on "Updates from Middle Earth"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:50 AM) : 

Wow...just. Wow. I can't belive you can just stol on down to the local department store to get yarn! Although I've heard that "department" stores across the pond are a bit different than what us Yanks are used to.

Enjoy the rest of your trip. I love seeing the photos! (I hope you will keep posting updates) ^_^

-Molly

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:51 AM) : 

Gah! Stroll...not stol. That's what I get for not re-reading my typing!

 

Blogger Darion said ... (12:53 PM) : 

Wait, people still make their own clothes? :P

Great pics, looks like a lot of fun. Say hi to Bjork for me!

 

post a comment