Mix of old and new Fraggle Stick Car: Super secret surprises and other stuff
My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm an English expat constantly struggling to be understood in a different country. I work in the cut throat world trying to bring "YARRR" and "Ne'er-Do-Well" into regular conversation My swear word of choice is Stink Nugget. I'm a yarn snob.

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Super secret surprises and other stuff

So, I'm getting pretty excited about the 2 super secret projects I'm working on. All will be revealed in a week or so.

In other news, I broke the yarn diet in LA. Normally, I tend to let loose on some serious wardrobe additions when I visit. This time, I searched out 2 yarn stores withing San Francisco walking distance from the hotel. (I don't believe any natives would have bothered with the walk)...

First, a few random images of LA

Absolutely ridiculous


Palms sprouting


Melons


Style
See the damage here.


First off, was Suss Design. I'd seen some pretty cute patterns and home made yarns that they carried... so I went a little crazy in there, with a couple of patterns and the yarns to complete them and only 1 speculative purchase. All very exciting and very chi chi.


Ballet wrap top to be made from...


Suss Ultrasoft in Moss

and the Vertical Stripe Sweater

using Suss Crystal in Cerise,
Emerald and Suss Perle Cotton in Okra (not on website)

then, there was the Suss Angora in Aqua and random ceramic and mother of pearl buttons.




Next was The Knitters Studio. This place has a run of the mill selection yarn store, with stuff rather obnoxiously arranged by color rather than gauge or fiber, but it lead me to by some random purchases that I'm adding to my "mystery no idea what it'll be, but crazy cream colored stuff"


Some Filatura Di Crosa Brilla, K1C2 Gourmet Collection Frosting 146 and Classic Elite Bravo

While I was in LA... I started and practically finished the Secret Project #1, started Secret Project #2 (which I have since "nearly finished"), finished (finally) the 2nd half of the Starburst Pride tank - just have the black straps n stuff to go before assembly, and made some good progress on Arabella.

I have some serious weave in ends and finish these damn things days ahead of me, with 5 or 6 things nearing completion.

Fun
Where did I start?

Comments on "Super secret surprises and other stuff"

 

Blogger smallerdemon said ... (8:41 AM) : 

Yow. Shoes and socks... hurting me.

 

Blogger smallerdemon said ... (8:41 AM) : 

Yow. Shoes and socks... hurting me.

 

Blogger FranklinMinty said ... (11:42 AM) : 

I should have put something in that photo that showed the scale better.

They are little socks and shoes for Chihuahuas.

Absolutely absurd, and sums up everything I hate about LA

 

Blogger smallerdemon said ... (4:17 PM) : 

Oh my. Yeah. Ok. Now I'm disturbed. LA is a creepy, creepy place.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:11 PM) : 

Actually....we love THE KNITTERS STUDIO....over 100 years of knitting experience and very cool unusual yarns with great help and I love the color arrangement...make picking much easier esp as it is arranged by gauge and fiber too!!! Go figure, they are just too organized and happy there!!!

 

post a comment