Mix of old and new Fraggle Stick Car: Diet?... what diet?
My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm an English expat constantly struggling to be understood in a different country. I work in the cut throat world trying to bring "YARRR" and "Ne'er-Do-Well" into regular conversation My swear word of choice is Stink Nugget. I'm a yarn snob.

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Diet?... what diet?

So, I heard from Alice in Wonderland that there was a yarn yard sale taking place over the bridge this morning. Basically a couple had inherited butt loads of yarn, and they were selling it off yarn sale stylee.
Ever the yarn hos, Alice, J (f) of J n J fame, L (knitty newb) and myself decided to take the early Saturday morning trip to check it out. Rumor was, there was some nice stuff to be had.

I had $80 on me, and I gave them $80. Ever wondered what $80 of yarn yard sale yarn looks like?

It looks a bit like this:-



  • 14 balls of Schachenmayr Safari (white / gray tweed)
  • 5 balls of goldish what looks like rustic tussah silk (gold)
  • 3 balls of Numei granite (black / gray tweed)
  • 3 bals of Katia Gatsby (gold sparkles - like rowan lurex shimmer)
  • 3 balls Berroco glace (neutral varigated color)
  • 2 balls of Berroco cotton twist (cream)
  • 1 ball of Berroco quest (silver)
  • 1 ball of Fantacia Agate (pink and gold - 75% silk / 25% wool)
  • 3 hanks of Gianni Versarce?! in Zeus (gray cotton with red sparkle)
  • 1 ball Pingouin (white froufy stuff)
  • 1 ball Anny Blatt Coto Egypte (black)
  • 4 balls Anny Blatt Alexandrie (2 pink, 1 white, 1 Turquoise)
  • 4 skeins of Naturwolle cotton Flamme Mercerisiert (pink)
That isn't all though...




  • 10 balls of GGH Safari (in pink)
  • 10 balls of Jaeger Cadiz (in tomato red)
  • 9 balls of GGH Cascade (in white)
  • 9 balls of Master's Fil Stringhetta (in beige - no idea of price... it looks like Berroco Suede)
I feel sort of bad, as after a quick tot up of prices at home on the stuff I could identify - I think it would have cost roughly $500 new... This is based of the fact that if I can't find the yarn, I price it at $3 per thingie... which is pretty generous on the low side. Or if I find a sale price, I use that.

I do feel bad now, I think I should send them some more $$$ maybe.

Comments on "Diet?... what diet?"

 

Blogger FranklinMinty said ... (6:26 PM) : 

god damn you evil bar stewards... i turned off the anonymous comments you turds.

 

Blogger smallerdemon said ... (1:07 AM) : 

Urgh. The issue is there's actually an account, which really sucks. Of course, you could report it to blogger.

 

Blogger s said ... (12:53 PM) : 

I got 3 of these on my last post too :(

 

post a comment