Mix of old and new Fraggle Stick Car: How I love days off
My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm an English expat constantly struggling to be understood in a different country. I work in the cut throat world trying to bring "YARRR" and "Ne'er-Do-Well" into regular conversation My swear word of choice is Stink Nugget. I'm a yarn snob.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

How I love days off

As you may or may not know, I've had a pretty hectic life at work for the last few months, so I decided that I'd take a day off work.

Now, I had planned to do a lot of little things on my day off, like schedule people to come and fix things that I've been putting off. I had also hoped that it would be nice and sunny. Neither has happened (so far!).

I am going to a doctor to get my hands checked out, hopefully he'll offer a wrist transplant. I also am getting my eyes tested, so spiffy new glasses may appear in the not so distant future.

I need to do some serious spring cleaning as well - but baby steps...

One big treat for the weekend was visiting TKGA knit and crochet show in O-Town. It was by far smaller than Stitches West, but it made for a pleasant walk around, not a frantic shopping frenzy. The Enabler and J (f) of J n J fame came along too. We picked up a butt load of cheap cashmere - which was a steal!

I'd post photos by a) they aren't too interesting and b) it appears that the flash on my camera has broken. I'm tempted to buy a new camera now... with my yearly raise I got last week! Woot!

Comments on "How I love days off"

 

Blogger smallerdemon said ... (8:32 PM) : 

Keep an eye on that hand chickee.

 

Blogger FranklinMinty said ... (8:55 PM) : 

Hmmm... Turns out that my ganglion cyst in my wrist may be causing it all, so Dr says he's gonna pop it with injections n shit. I also have to get some crazy nerve test to check that it isn't CTS...

Joy

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:55 PM) : 

I heard those nerve tests are icky - hope all goes well for you! I have a nice copy of the Qiviut Cardigan Wrap for you when we do the next knitting night (sometime in May!)

 

post a comment