Mix of old and new Fraggle Stick Car: C is for Crappy...
My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm an English expat constantly struggling to be understood in a different country. I work in the cut throat world trying to bring "YARRR" and "Ne'er-Do-Well" into regular conversation My swear word of choice is Stink Nugget. I'm a yarn snob.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

C is for Crappy...

The curse of crochet is back - I am crap at it... Really bad.

I have tried (and got 3/4 way through) this hat TWICE this weekend, and still the yarn looks like electric blue ramen... Damn you stitch diva and your funky must haves!



Someone help me! Anyone recommend any good teach yerself to crochet books?!

I am dying to get this hat in the yarn that J (f) of J and J spun me for my birthday...

In other news, I've finished the caplet and some cashmere gauntlets for me! Woo! Pics soon

Comments on "C is for Crappy..."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:57 PM) : 

No advice, but when you figure it out can you teach me?

I plan on at least trying this one soon - when I get the yarn from my mom that will work for it.

 

Blogger smallerdemon said ... (12:10 PM) : 

Wow, if you can make that with Jenn's yarn, it's gonna be spectacular.

 

Blogger FranklinMinty said ... (2:26 PM) : 

I will certainly wear it a lot if I get it figured out - since a lot of blood sweat and tears are probably the only way it'll happen.

I actually found this really cool dark royal purple color to go with it.

It will rock, if I survive.

I even have a cream buckle and ribbon for the detail lined up dammit! It was meant to be!

 

post a comment