Mix of old and new Fraggle Stick Car: Score!
My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm an English expat constantly struggling to be understood in a different country. I work in the cut throat world trying to bring "YARRR" and "Ne'er-Do-Well" into regular conversation My swear word of choice is Stink Nugget. I'm a yarn snob.

Monday, April 03, 2006

Score!

So - a huge thank you to my fabulous Secret Pal 7. I received my final package today and it contained some scrummy hand made Cherry soap, a Cadbury's Creme Egg (Oh home!) and a skein of some delightful Luster Spun Wool from the wonderfully named, Kiparoo Farm. A HUGE thank you!



Lastly - a couple of quick updates on the knitting front.
1st - my Cashmere Lobster Pot Handwarmer thingies, based on the Rowan Eowyn pattern



and now my crazy scarf. This is LOOSELY based on the Abigail (but hey, its hardly a tough pattern!)


So far, I've used 8 different types of yarn, with at least 2 or 3 more planned for good measure. Included is some J (f) of J and J fame handspun merino and silk, some Kyoto,Rune, Golden Siam, Adrienne Vittadini Fiora, Rowan Chunky Print, Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk DK and some Rowan Kidcrack Haze in Vino... So far...


Speaking of which - I STILL haven't got my new Rowan magazine (I am subscribed) - its only 4 months late. I won't be resubscribing.

Now... I'm going to make a nice cuppa and have a Cadbury's Creme Egg

Comments on "Score!"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:03 AM) : 

The Lobster Pot handwarmers look great - good to see you had enough yarn!

Oh - and the cloche pics are up on my LJ. I'm still typing up the "corrections", but I should have them done soon. I thought I was a fast typer, but apparently only when I'm typing words and not "Ch1, sc in base of ch, sk ch-3" type stuff.

 

Blogger FranklinMinty said ... (11:59 AM) : 

You have no idea how much I was sweating with the yarnage. I have enough to knit a moustache left...

As for your cloche - it r0x0r

 

Blogger FranklinMinty said ... (2:51 PM) : 

Yeah, I've complained and here was the response I got from Rowan International Customer Support:-

Dear BLAH BLAH
I will send out another copy of Rowan magazine 39 when we get them in, which should be another 2-3 weeks. Please confirm the below address:
BLAH BLAH BLAH.

That was just over 2 weeks ago...

I'm not subscribing again - eff those effers, you will NOT tempt me with free kidsilk crack again...

As for the pattern, yes, I'd recommend it with a few caveats:-
*There is no shaping at all for thumb goodness, in fact pretty much the only "shaping" is "if you want a thumb hole, don't seam here for about 3 cms"...
*The cashmere IMO was too bulky, they make me look like I have flippers for hands. Partly my fault for not gauging properly, but whatever.

They are a REALLY quick knit - it took me a couple of days to get these puppies done, and I wasn't in a knitting frenzy, either.

 

post a comment