Mix of old and new Fraggle Stick Car: I am acceptable!
My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm an English expat constantly struggling to be understood in a different country. I work in the cut throat world trying to bring "YARRR" and "Ne'er-Do-Well" into regular conversation My swear word of choice is Stink Nugget. I'm a yarn snob.

Monday, March 27, 2006

I am acceptable!

So my news de jour - I've been accepted to speak on a panel at this year's Siggraph in Boston. Aparently my views are important enough for people to pay to hear them! Woo!

The topic is "Video Games: Content and Responsibility" and I think they choose me because a) I'm female and in the game industry and b) I'm damn well opinionated.

I am so excited for so many reasons :)

In other news, the fabulous J (f) of J n J fame kindly offered to make the divinly annoying crochet cloche hat. Thank you so much! I do feel that I need to conquer my hatred and fear and battle through this one. Give me a few weeks, if it is still going badly, I may back down and beg for help!

Lastly. Here's a shot from the roomie bbq we held on Sunday. CRAZY, I know... BBQ and it is still March. We totally lucked out on both weather and company - both were wonderful.

Here I am with cupcakes! And 2 pairs of glasses...

Comments on "I am acceptable!"

 

Blogger smallerdemon said ... (9:57 AM) : 

Very very cool on Siggraph!

Let the roomie know I'll be making Doctor Who DVDs and a Mac OS X Tiger installation set for him tomorrow.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:43 AM) : 

Those cupcakes look so tasty!

So I've started both the Sarah's cardigan and the Downtown Cloche. Both are going good so far. Although, I'm only 3 rounds in to the Cloche (and I had to start over once) - I have a little crochet book that really helped me - although I've yet to attempt one of those "clusters" yet.

The Sarah's Cardigan is looking dreamy - knitting it with Royal Blue Merino Style and Douceur et Soie - yummy!

 

Blogger FranklinMinty said ... (10:49 AM) : 

Ooooo sounds lovely!

As far as the cloche clusters go... yeah, I think it was round 4 that kept f'ing me up... I get the theoretical gist of the whole cluster thing, but for some reason it never works and I always get what looks like tumor head. I'd be so interested to hear how it goes.

The cupcakes were dark choc and cherry... yumm... I'll have to make more!

 

Blogger Soulknitting said ... (9:21 AM) : 

Hehhehhe. Two glasses look; I do that too by accident though. Now that I wear glasses to SEE (not!! -- new glasses, can't see anything...go figure) I still have to switch at the computer. Hence, two pairs on the body somewhere, somehow at times. Congrats on the speaking engagement!! Kudos to you. Love the hat but cant' do anything more than squares with crochet because I can't figure out how to count stitches without them being on a needle. So, good luck with that!!

 

post a comment