Mix of old and new Fraggle Stick Car: Another year older... but... lots of knitting news!
My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm an English expat constantly struggling to be understood in a different country. I work in the cut throat world trying to bring "YARRR" and "Ne'er-Do-Well" into regular conversation My swear word of choice is Stink Nugget. I'm a yarn snob.

Friday, March 03, 2006

Another year older... but... lots of knitting news!

So - first things first, I'd like to thank all my friends who helped celebrate my birthday. I was truly touched by everyone's presence, even if I showed my appreciation by drinking far too much than is appropriate after college.

I'm sure you'll all be happy to hear that I have struck down with a cold for the last week now, which is just proving to me that I'm a big wuss these days.

So - a much needed update on some knitting related stuff. Firstly - A HUGE thank you to J (f) of J and J fame for this beautiful yarn she spun me for my birthday. Roving purchased at Stiches West. The dark blue / purple is wensleydale and the second is a merino / silk blend. Sooooo pretty :)



And the rest of my birthday related Stitches West Schwag...



There's 100 yrds ofworsted, hand dyed CASHMERE from Lobster Pot Yarns (they don't have the Cashmere on this site though). This is nestled in 500 yds of DUET, a dark violet kid mohair / fine wool blend from Notable Yarns from Brooks Farm. Then there is some lovely gently varigated aqua mohair merino blend, Billy the Kid Yarn from Blue Moon. These folks only sell the Socks that Rock yarn on their site. This is the stuff that is on the needles, rapidly becoming the Stitch Diva Casual Capelet.



Oh yeah... and then there is the new Jordana Paige bag to put it all in ;)


I think my pink thing is leaving, just a little and maybe just for now. Seems like electric blue is my new thang, and I'm kinda loving it

I did make other purchases - mainly some gifts for my secret pal the lucky devil :)

Comments on "Another year older... but... lots of knitting news!"

 

Blogger smallerdemon said ... (8:57 AM) : 

That's shiny stuff. *ponders how to get it back so he can have a scarf*

 

post a comment