Mix of old and new Fraggle Stick Car: Snippets
My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm an English expat constantly struggling to be understood in a different country. I work in the cut throat world trying to bring "YARRR" and "Ne'er-Do-Well" into regular conversation My swear word of choice is Stink Nugget. I'm a yarn snob.

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Snippets

Straight from the rumor mill:-

Van Halen are doing an INXS and looking for a new singer via a TV reality show. (Note to Sammy Hagar and Dave Lee Roth - please apply!). Maybe Marty should too?

What's happened to Conservative outrage in USA? In the first quarter of the year, there were 157,016 indecency and obscenity complaints to the FCC. But from April - June, only 6,161

On a different note, I have rediscovered so many English words since I've been here, I'll endeavor to bring them back with me.

e.g.
Claggy - weather state that indicates close, muggy, humid conditions that often precedes a storm.

Chav - a Townie, wears oversized silver or gold chains around their neck, Kappa tracksuits and a fake burberry (known as chav check) baseball cap worn too high on te head.

That's 2 fer starters

Comments on "Snippets"

 

Blogger smallerdemon said ... (10:20 PM) : 

Very cool. Bring all you can! I'll use them straight away!

 

Blogger fizzing hari said ... (3:03 PM) : 

i understand chav's and their later incarnations, terry's, are quite smoov wif da laydeez.

 

Blogger FranklinMinty said ... (3:48 PM) : 

check this out

http://www.chavscum.co.uk/

kill me now.

Now, this all started, really, when I said "Oh... I want to check out Burberry in London" and my Ma n Sis laughed at me. A lot.

 

post a comment