Mix of old and new Fraggle Stick Car: I've been tagged...
My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm an English expat constantly struggling to be understood in a different country. I work in the cut throat world trying to bring "YARRR" and "Ne'er-Do-Well" into regular conversation My swear word of choice is Stink Nugget. I'm a yarn snob.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

I've been tagged...

Dammit...

So, blog tagging is one of those things that are like the silly "what kind of ____ are you?" tests. I despise them, but have to complete them.

In particular, when I see people get blog tagged I think "man, they have friends. They have people that actually care about them and read their blogs". I was beginning to get this cold feeling in my heart, as I see all these people I'm blog stalking have been tagged, but never me.

So this blog tag is pretty easy. This Charming Man is the culprit. I'm not sure what the rules are concerning who to tag back, since I don't have too many people that I know who blog, and we have overlapped on some (I can't tag back, and the Doorman is out). So wtf do I do? Pah... I'm just gonna break the rules. I don't have 5 more friends, and I refuse to feel bad about that, the chances that Dr. L will start a blog are slim.

So anyway... the rules...

List ten songs that you are currently digging ... it doesn't matter what genre they are from, whether they have words, or even if they're no good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying right now. Post these instructions, the artists, and the ten songs in your blog. Then tag five other people to see what they're listening to.

My 10 in no particular order...

  • Birthday Cake by Cibo Matto (since it is Birthday season)
  • Oily Water by Blur (although I dig a weird remix of it on a Volume compilation album that gives it a Nine Inch Nail edge thing)
  • Bliss by Muse
  • Edge of 17 by Stevie Nicks
  • Final Countdown by Europe (long story)
  • Disco Blackout by Controller.Controller
  • Regina by The Sugarcubes (blast from the past that I heard last night for the first time in a looooooooooong time)
  • Metaphysical feat. Miho Hatori of Cibo Matto & Mike D of The Beastie Boys (from J (m) of J n J fame's 40th birthday Photo Scavenger Hunt DVD compilation - it was my theme!)
  • Woo Hoo by 5,6,7,8's (I loved this in Kill Bill... and now I'm just annoyed with it as I hear it on TV all the time on some crappy car commercial so it burrows into my brain like an Amazonian skull fly larvae and annoys the shit out of me)
  • Behind Blue Eyes - The Who (kinda like above... it annoys me how many TV shows and commericals now feature The Who songs, the fucking sell outs - but it doubly annoys me that Limp freaking Biskit murdered this song - so I pay tribute to the original)



Anyway - I tag
The S Man
Big D
J (m) of J n J fame

and that's it - since I don't know any other bloggers without giving tag backs

btw - i put my knickers on inside out today... why does this happen?

Comments on "I've been tagged..."

 

Blogger Cement Brunette said ... (3:16 PM) : 

See, now that wan't so hard.

BTW- I have a track of Miho Hatori singing on a 6ths album. It's not really all that great, but I thought I'd let you know just in case you were a HUGE Cibo Matto fan and had to have it.

 

Blogger fizzing hari said ... (2:14 PM) : 

doob, it's great being disqualified! never felt so lovely about being disqualified.

ha!

 

Blogger smallerdemon said ... (6:59 PM) : 

Fine! Fine! You can see the Damnable Meme Tag response.

Inside out knickers: trying to get in your daily masturbation before leaving for work chickee. It's a known fact.

 

Blogger FranklinMinty said ... (1:06 PM) : 

Ha...BUSTED!

 

Blogger Darion said ... (11:22 PM) : 

If I put my songs up on my blog, I'm liable to be teased for a good 3 months by you. :)

Oh, and inside out knickers is good for the soul, sez me.

 

Blogger FranklinMinty said ... (7:38 PM) : 

Moi? Tease?!

Never!

I wouldn't do that to a youngling

 

post a comment