Mix of old and new Fraggle Stick Car: Why oh why...
My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm an English expat constantly struggling to be understood in a different country. I work in the cut throat world trying to bring "YARRR" and "Ne'er-Do-Well" into regular conversation My swear word of choice is Stink Nugget. I'm a yarn snob.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Why oh why...

So - I tried to get all fancy and add some status bars to the blog - they only semi work.... Stink Nuggets...

In other news, I'm going to be helping a co-worker learn to knit. She is pregnant (congrats K!) and wants to knit a hat that she has tried with no luck. So.... I said we should take a lunch time shopping trip to ArtFibers (about a 5 min walk from work) to pick up supplies, and we can have a baby knit a long! What fun, I can't wait :)

I've also been partaking in J (m) of J and J fame's super duper birthday photo scavenger hunt. So much fun!... I might have to steal the idea :) Check out the results

Last, but not least, I hope to finish wonky Phildar today... It looks pretty cool - we'll see...

Comments on "Why oh why..."

 

Blogger FranklinMinty said ... (6:02 PM) : 

hello!

 

Blogger Rachel said ... (8:44 AM) : 

Why do they only partly work? What do you want them to do? I'm happy to help if I can....

PM me on the knitty board -- redflyer.

 

Blogger FranklinMinty said ... (9:31 AM) : 

Oh - they fully work now - sorry :)

 

Blogger smallerdemon said ... (11:08 AM) : 

Many, many thanks for your entries in the hunt. They are superb. You're almost certainly in the running for a prize just from the BNAT and Blade Runner entries alone. :)

 

Blogger FranklinMinty said ... (3:22 PM) : 

Man, the photo hunt was SO much fun! I'd say just under half were reused photos from Japan (obviously the Blade Runner one is included in that - I just had to include a shot from Shibuya (although the Shinjuku shots would have been more accurate - but not as good!).

The LOTR shot is from some mountain by Mt Fuji that just oozes sulpur fumes and steam - they boil eggs that you can eat in the pools that you can see in the photo. It just reminds me so much of Isengard or Mordor somewhere.

That BNT5 shot is from about 1/2 a block from work on an underpass that seems to be caught in a perpetual cycle of demolision and construction... I was pondering what to do for my final shot and looked up... there it was.

BTW - the Neon Genesis Evangelion shot is from Tokyo Game Show in 2003 ;)

 

post a comment