Mix of old and new Fraggle Stick Car: Oh boy...
My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm an English expat constantly struggling to be understood in a different country. I work in the cut throat world trying to bring "YARRR" and "Ne'er-Do-Well" into regular conversation My swear word of choice is Stink Nugget. I'm a yarn snob.

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Oh boy...

So, today was the official start of the sale at Imagiknit and true to fashion, M, J(f) of J and J fame and myself went to see what was on offer. At the crack of dawn (11am) on a Saturday we were sat outside waiting for them to open.

We each had our lists of potential projects and yarn requirements, and here is my outcome


Yeah, I know... its a LOT.

Admittedly, not ALL of it was purchased there. Some is from recent online shipments. Those with eagle eyes will also spot a surprise present that I got for S, and hope he will like.

For different eagle eyed yarn types, there is (left to right):-
  • A couple of balls of Rowan Polar that is DISCONTINUED!!!! - total speculative purchase based on the reasoning that "when its gone, its gone, I might as well hoard" - Lavender colo(u)r
  • About 7 hanks of K1C2 - Gourmet Collection Souffle - for a 3/4 sleeve vneck sweater with sequins in the current Phildar - grey and a little shimmery
  • Secret present
  • A stack of Rowan yorkshire tweed 4ply for another Phildar little wrap over cardigan - Raspberry kind of color
  • R2 Paper tape yarn (at top) in pink, for an assymetrical sweater (again 7 balls). Yes... its PAPER... I've been dying to buy this for a while but have resisted due to a) cost b) no purpose - both of my conditions changed, so I was happy to get it
  • 3 balls of grey / beige Kidsilk Haze (middle) for my rip off of the Eternity Shawl in a post below
That's the end of today's shopping spree - the rest are:-
  • (far right)nearly 700 yarns of 50/50 wool / silk hand painted yarn from Lisa Souza that arrived and
  • (far bottom right) 4 skeins of Lorna's Laces, Lion and Lamb in Black Purl for my Clapotis. I'm such a band wagon jumper...
You can probably see my current colo(u)r obsession

Comments on "Oh boy..."

 

Blogger Darion said ... (12:37 AM) : 

I am pretty sure this post qualifies you as a yarn whore. :D

 

Blogger s said ... (6:02 PM) : 

yarn-o-phobe!

 

post a comment