Mix of old and new Fraggle Stick Car: Huge knitty update
My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm an English expat constantly struggling to be understood in a different country. I work in the cut throat world trying to bring "YARRR" and "Ne'er-Do-Well" into regular conversation My swear word of choice is Stink Nugget. I'm a yarn snob.

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Huge knitty update

Its finished! The Angelina Vintage Jacket!

It took a while and I don't want to see ribbing for some time - but after a sea of blocking...



...it is too big.. I'll reblock when I can be bothered, but I kind of like the alternative bat wing wearing method



After that I needed a quick project to revitalize my enthusiasm, so I knocked out the modified
Spiderweb capelet over Memorial Day.



Oooo action shot!

I currently have this project on the needles, using different colors and not such stupid hair



I call it my fruity tank, hopefully it will be ready for Pride...



Then... I want to figure out the pattern for this. Its an outrageously expensive moebius scarf with a really pretty pattern (that I can't figure out! - I need a good stitch dictionary - anyone have one?)



The sale at Imagiknit is fast approaching, and I'm getting quite a few shipments of crazy ass stuff from online whim purchases.

Oh... and the new TV arrived. Its very pretty - now my 4 channels can be shown wide! Although the bunny ears can't really cope very well.

Comments on "Huge knitty update"

 

Blogger Cement Brunette said ... (9:36 AM) : 

Your fruity tank looks like it might turn out to be a fruity jock strap-- a little more appropriate for Pride.

 

Blogger FranklinMinty said ... (2:55 PM) : 

Oh its a beautiful world..... for you


the fruity sausage hammock is not for me

 

Blogger Andrea said ... (6:07 PM) : 

Hey, just thought you should know, MY Angelina jacket is too small. LOL! I may frog it because it was a lot of cashmere. I liked the lace pattern the best.

I truly know what you mean about being sick of ribbing...

-AR

 

Blogger FranklinMinty said ... (6:46 PM) : 

Ha! Yes, its very annoying after all the effort - mine is in Tencel and Alpaca, so I think it just got all bent out of shape when it was wet - I'm not heartbroken over it though. I may just wait a while before I look at it again :)

 

post a comment