Mix of old and new Fraggle Stick Car: Total hermit
My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm an English expat constantly struggling to be understood in a different country. I work in the cut throat world trying to bring "YARRR" and "Ne'er-Do-Well" into regular conversation My swear word of choice is Stink Nugget. I'm a yarn snob.

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Total hermit

I've turned into a total social hermit. I'm sorry friends :(

Here was my weekend.

Called into work at about 5pm on Saturday, and proceeded to stay there until roughly 5am.

Was rudely awakened by PlanetCheaters at 9.30am on Easter Sunday, and that started the day off mighty well. Then, proceeded to be dragged back to work. Its fine, that's part of the job / bargaining for raise that is coming around really soon.

I figured I'd stop by both my LYS to pick up "something" to make me feel better, and meet Dr L since she was nearby. LYS was closed, work told me to "GET IN NOW, YOU DON'T HAVE TIME TO WAIT", so had to blow off Dr L.

Made fire fighting panic at work to fix some other company's moronic problem (my emails were referred to as "flaming shit rampages" or something like that). Then, during the conference call with various "very high up people at the very large company I work for", I get a call from my roommate.

My apartment building is in flames...

Break down imminent! Everything and everyone is fine, but this is stretching my fire-fighting skillz to the extreme.

Yes, if you know where I live, the greasy chinese joint basically was backed up with grease and went POOF.

Fast forward to 6.05 pm on Easter Sunday. I've been drinking to ease the pain and have also had my butt groped by Ms Sachet (I'm fairly certain of this... This could be major news...)

All in all, I think this gived me fairly good grounds for not going into work tomorrow

Comments on "Total hermit"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:32 PM) : 

Oh my Gawd T! What a shitty weekend. And I was pissed yesterday because Target was closed. There's no smoke damage to the stash is there?

 

Blogger donatype said ... (10:04 PM) : 

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Blogger donatype said ... (10:06 PM) : 

tamsen! I love your blog. it makes me giggle. i'm bookmarking it to read it on the regular. I noticed that you're a pisces/rat, like Ziggy, my new kid! How random is that? I love your knitting too.

 

post a comment