Mix of old and new Fraggle Stick Car: Hey give my money back!
My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm an English expat constantly struggling to be understood in a different country. I work in the cut throat world trying to bring "YARRR" and "Ne'er-Do-Well" into regular conversation My swear word of choice is Stink Nugget. I'm a yarn snob.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Hey give my money back!

Its Tax Time, and this view sums up what I associate with it. Its pretty much the only time a year when I go to Tiburon.



This year, I grabbed some gelato from some cute, pricey Tiburon gelatoria, and sat on the sea shore finishing up my tax prep before heading to my genius accountant.



_sigh_ See ya next year Tiburon!

On to knitting! Roots, Spines and Doctors!


First off... The finished Rusted Root! love love love!


Made from stash Kurosawa - my "I'm mad I can't use my Tilly Tomas Stitches yarn right now" project. I'm mighty chuffed at myself with this one, not only because I cut it REALLY close with the yarn amounts. This is something I'm being risky with of late... which brings me to Zukii Spine!


Yes, I totally caved. I busted out the Tilly to make Zukki. I decided to double up the non sparkle stuff and was making "kinda" gauge (rows were really off, stitches "sorta" ok) - yeah, I know. I figured I'd have enough since I bought plenty. And here is a finished half.


WRONG WRONG WRONG, I am such a turd. I have a) plainly not enough yarn to do the other side AND the neck and b) created half a NO SLEEVE SWEATER in a fabric that feels wonderfully soft and luscious and REALLY F'ING WARM. See the couple of problems I have?

So, I decided to put it down and debate. Was I going to buy more yarn and attempt to make some sort of sleeve so it would be more appropriate winter wear? This scares me since I haven't tried adding sleeves to anything... OR, was I just going to rip the sucker out and think of a more appropriate use for Tilly and yarn for Zukki?



I opted for option 2 - very sensible, I thought... Grown up, even - mature knitter anyone? One who can recognize and walk away from one's mistakes? SO - had it sorted and then I showed the sad half completed failure project to my roommate and he responded with "Oh my god that is the most amazing thing you have ever made, you HAVE to finish it"... Crap

Oh - and here is a bit of the Doctor's Bag. I'm half way through the second "large" side. Speed up Enabler and Melissa! The best news is, I think I'm running out of yarn for this too. I give up.



Color is closer to the mini insert... sorta

Where did I start?

Comments on "Hey give my money back!"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:36 AM) : 

OMG - While that Zukii/Tilly combo appears to be a match made in heaven (your roommate has good taste), take it from a knitter who has experienced the pain of running out of yarn before. Rip-it and use it for something else...either that or try to find more Tilly in that dyelot.

I'm not having much progress on the bag - I have a dog sweater to finish first, but I swear, I'll work on it soon!

 

Blogger FranklinMinty said ... (11:49 AM) : 

Oh yeah... didn't I mention - Tilly doesn't really "do" dyelots. Each freaking ball is different...

If you look closely, you'll see the sparkly stuff is a totally different shade - PLUS, I'm double stranding the yarn and have about 1 ball left, so that would help.

I'm just more annoyed that I even attempted it, and now potentially have to buy more of the darn stuff.

I've also now got to a stage whereby a new top made from artfibers hana silk is looking suspiciously out of yarn. What the hell is going on with me?!

 

post a comment