Mix of old and new Fraggle Stick Car: More on stitches aftermath!
My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm an English expat constantly struggling to be understood in a different country. I work in the cut throat world trying to bring "YARRR" and "Ne'er-Do-Well" into regular conversation My swear word of choice is Stink Nugget. I'm a yarn snob.

Friday, March 02, 2007

More on stitches aftermath!

As soon as I got back, I was dying to start what I'm calling Spinal Column. The Zukki pattern that I was going to make in the Tilli Tomas yarn. The beaded yarn was going to be the main cables



I frantically swatched and realized that there was no way in hell that I'd make gauge... even vaguelly! I was too lazy to recalculate and was fairly certain I wouldn't have enough yarn when accounting for the recalc... I sort of knew all of this when I purchased the yarn, but it was so pretty and I got 20% off!

So, desparate to knit with my new yarn, I decided a change of plan was inorder. Bust out the rusted root that I've been itching to knit for some time! Tilly will work from that! Gauge matched! Wootness! The beaded stuff was going to be the leaves... So a couple of rounds in and then I hit disaster. If you are sharp, you'll spot the problem... yes - knitting in the round. Crap. Plan C needed to be divised - good old Kurosawa stash! Hopefully I'll have enough - and this is the progress so far.



Oh - and the Mobiues has finished blocking. I did wear it sort of, and sort of wet to stitches but had to re-block due to my impatience. Yes, new yarn has yet to be used, but rootsie is going pretty quick. I'm going to start the Knit2Tog Doctor's bag after this.

In other news, my knitting class I'm teaching at work is going well. All the ladies are well on their way for new scarves and no one has given up yet. I'm even getting gusy that want to join "Knitty Knitty Bang Bang", which I find very amusing.

C'est tout for now!

Comments on "More on stitches aftermath!"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:42 PM) : 

Damn that Tilly Thomas and her luscious yarn! I know you'll find something fabulous to make from it.

I'm going to try to post an update with photos on my LJ tonight - I'll post the Flair jacket progress and one of me modeling the Deep-V (finally!)

I'll try to host another KWA night this month.

 

Blogger s said ... (5:13 PM) : 

hammer time!

 

post a comment