Mix of old and new Fraggle Stick Car: Trouble with the law
My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm an English expat constantly struggling to be understood in a different country. I work in the cut throat world trying to bring "YARRR" and "Ne'er-Do-Well" into regular conversation My swear word of choice is Stink Nugget. I'm a yarn snob.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Trouble with the law

I think I have a fairly normal skill in reading and comprehension. Mrs Parry, my English teacher in the 4th form, agreed at the time. I do have trouble with a few words for some reason. I blame it on latent dyslexia.

Every time I read the word "lawmaker", I think it says "lawnmower".

It often makes for interesting reading of the news but it tends to be a 1 sided problem. I rarely read anything with "lawnmower" in it, until today.

Man on lawnmower left Alaska in '05. He's only in Salt Lake City. He's 44. See you in Virginia at 84

I then had these images of the dude from Northern Exposure getting a piggy back ride from Gavin Newsom. Gruesome.

Comments on "Trouble with the law"

 

Blogger s said ... (12:16 PM) : 

Is that the girl he slept with in that picture?

 

Blogger FranklinMinty said ... (7:08 PM) : 

no - that's probably a civil union couple from last year. Its still gruesome

 

post a comment