Mix of old and new Fraggle Stick Car: Finished projects
My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm an English expat constantly struggling to be understood in a different country. I work in the cut throat world trying to bring "YARRR" and "Ne'er-Do-Well" into regular conversation My swear word of choice is Stink Nugget. I'm a yarn snob.

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Finished projects

I've finally got around to posting some pictures of finished projects!

Apologies in advance for the crap photos... blame my old camera that refused to actually focus.

This is the hat I knitted my sister SIM!



My own "pattern" but it she has dreads, so it has 2 holes for pocking dreads out like pigtails. I also made matching "Hurry Up Spring" armwarmers from S n B Nation or whatever it is called. All made with Lamb's Pride Bulky (85% wool, 15% mohair)


This is my papa's hat.



Losely based on another pattern from S n B Nation - Basic Cable. I made it from the softest of soft Plymouth Yarn, Baby Alpaca Grande - 100% Baby Alpaca. This started my obsession with Alpaca yarn, those Southern American critters sure have soft bellies.


Next up, the scarf brigade! I decided that my Aged GP's needed some help with the cold English winters, so I set to task making scarves.

First up, GPa - Here's a detail and full thing


The pattern is from S n B Nation (can you see the theme here?) and is the Mom's Sophistcated Scarf, using Karabella's Aurora 8 (100% Extrafine Merino Wool)

Secondly, is GMa - Here's a detail and full thing




The pattern Warm Fuzzies from S n B Nation, using some more of that yummy Baby Alpaca, this time Misti Alpaca, Chunky (again 100% baby alpaca)

Last scarf, for mama...



this one took a while, and is Midwest Moonlight from scarfSTYLE. The bulk of the scarf is using GGH Soft Kid (70% Super Kid Mohair, 25% Polyamid, 5% wool) and the contrast Beige - as there MUST BE BEIGE on something mama wears, is using Habu yarn - of course, I've lost the skein label - but its really nice Japanese stuff - I'm pretty sure its a silk / mohair blend though.

On to the latest... Dr L's gauntlets



I now have quite a few "orders" in for these fellas. They are based on the Picot Edge Gauntlets pattern in the premier issues of knit.1 magazine, and made in Classic Elite Yarns, Miracle (50% Alpaca, 50% Tencel). Its the same yarn (but different colo(u)r as the never ending rib cardie I'm making for myself.)


That's all for now folks

Minty the knitter done for now....

Comments on "Finished projects"

 

post a comment