Mix of old and new Fraggle Stick Car: Its getting a little scary now!
My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm an English expat constantly struggling to be understood in a different country. I work in the cut throat world trying to bring "YARRR" and "Ne'er-Do-Well" into regular conversation My swear word of choice is Stink Nugget. I'm a yarn snob.

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Its getting a little scary now!

Ok, Luck # 4 just happened.

Work had a poker tournament - starting with 24 players, with the top 3 winning some gift certificates. Now, I really don't know how to play Hold Em too well (beyond the basic idea of what to do when, and what beats what) and there were a fair few seasoned players there. There was also an optional side bet for $20, and the highest 3 cash players in the game could get some cold hard cash.

So... I went in, and came 3rd, much to people's surprise (and mine) - and I was #2 in the cash pot as well... So I have enough to get a copy of Lumines if I ever find it

I was so happy to place 3rd, and I feel good that the person that shoved me out of the tournie was S - he even went on to win the thing.

The luck hasn't ended yet!

Minty out

Comments on "Its getting a little scary now!"

 

Blogger s said ... (3:17 PM) : 

yay...3rd is really good for your first time..an unprepared none-the-less.

 

post a comment